previous post next post  

Let us start a new Whatziss!

I don't know how this one will go. I was pretty sure that "Possible Portuguese Fencing Musket" was obscure enough that it was going to run for a while. This one... might not. Or it might. I'm certainly going to try to make it run for a while. That's a lot easier than actually blogging or anything.

No embiggenation needed, cat hair thoughtfully provided for scale. Let's get started, shall we?



Is that the thing Khadaffy Duck's fellow muslims were trying to stick up his rectum ??? 
Oho! So I'm not the only one with parts left over after re-assembling a complex mechanical device.
OK, here's my try. A battle rifle, old or third-world manufacture (lack of precise milling), the part is an ejector.
I don't know what it is, but there is a good chance it was built before WWI
That looks real familiar.  One of the parts that goes with the pieces inside some obscure mechanism I believe.
11B40 - tacky.  Show some respect for the newly dead.  Celebrate, don't denigrate!

And Rod leads the pack with an incisive bit of analysis that clearly was modeled after one of the Dem's economic think tank products.

Sounds good, hard to argue with since there's no specifics, and ultimately useless.
Looks like a striker from a striker fired auto rifle, but i can't place the manufacture.
Tater masher.
Rear sight insert for a Flit gun.
I hope that the rumor that h-e-doublehockeysticks for armors is not true. You know the one where devils sneak into the arms room take everything apart ... throw all the parts in several baskets ... stir them with a stick, then watch as they try to figure out what goes where ... for eternity.

Of course to John that wouldn't be hell it would be heaven.
I'll go with the rear sight theory.  No clue as to what weapon it is for.
That looks like a depriming tool my great uncle had for a big round like a .45-70 or .577
Maybe some sort of follower in a double stack magazine?
I believe it is a magazine restrictor for an old Enfield,  stick it down in there to so those riflemen can't waste the kings ammo.

Or it is a shift fork for a 1941 jeep...
I think it's some part of an extractor assembly-you can see the brass outline of the head of a cartridge and it appears the primer is already dished in when struck by the face of the whatsiss.  The hole might be where the (not shown) hooked part goes through to hook over the lip of the cartridge case to flip it out.
It's a manual pressure release button thingie for a home made still.
Handle, pull it and something exciting happens.
It looks a lot like a part off my Mauser Broomhandle, but not part I recall looks like that. But i suspect it's from the same era.
Argent, yer naughty.  But you're sorta correct, too.  It all depends on your defintion of exciting and why it might be exciting.